Perfect to dip into a
Pumpkin spice latte
(adapted from here, makes about 24)
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 regular-size can pumpkin
- 3 t vanilla
- 6 T canola oil
- 6 c whole wheat flour
- 6 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1 c chopped nuts (optional, I used walnuts)
- 1 c chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a big bowl and knead with your hands until a ball forms. You don't want to knead it any more than that.
- Cover two baking stones/sheets with parchment paper. Divide the dough in half and form each half into a flattened log and place one on each stone.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Then slice each log into about 12 biscotti-sized slices.
- Return to the oven for 15-30 minutes. I usually like my biscotti kind of soft, but these do taste a bit "healthy" if you don't bake them until they are crispy (not that that's a problem). You will optimize healthy taste and tenderness.