Friday, November 16, 2012

Scones and My Backyard

Dear Turkey,

I hope you are getting in the holiday spirit. I am, since my backyard looks like this:

too bad I won't be able to go on a nice hike this weekend since gun season starts tomorrow
Yesterday I made my famous scones. And, by "my famous scones," I mean scones from The Other Bread Bible. If you click on this link (which I'm sure you did, because I'm sure you ALWAYS click on my links), you may wonder why I called it "The Other Bread Bible." Answer: to me, this will always be "The Bread Bible." 

I changed the recipe a little bit:
Put the following things in a bowl and mix them/cut them up with your hands/a pastry cutter:
3c flour
1/3c sugar
1T baking powder
1/2t salt
1/2t baking soda
1t orange zest
1.5 sticks butter, frozen or cold
1 scant c buttermilk, OJ, milk. soymilk, whatever you have
1c dried blueberries
Mix/cut it all together until the flour is mostly incorporated but the most of the butter is still in little pieces. Make into 12 loose balls with your hands and bake at 400 degrees for 15 mins or until just golden brown.  


my white bracelet tells me which side I nursed on last

balls of dough

right out of the oven

you can see the butter pooling on the stone...tasty

there you go
I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment