Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Yellow Heirloom Tomato Pasta Master

Dear Turkey,

Let me introduce you to one of the best pasta dishes that I have ever made. Since I'm the pasta master, that's saying something. This is totally an after-work quick dinner. I know because I made it after work. I'm sure this would be good with regular or even canned tomatoes, but the yellow and orange tomatoes were really meaty (like, not too seedy or watery) and their mild flavor and smooth texture just melded into umami-awesomeness with the other ingredients.

Yellow Heirloom Tomato Pasta Master:

Heat a few T of butter AND oil with 1-2 t of minced garlic and a big sprinkle of salt. Then add a regular-size can of small white beans (drained), and two big tomatoes, roughly chopped (I liked the contrast of the big tomato pieces and the small beans) and cook on medium until everything starts to soften (I kept the heat a little bit lower than I normally would so that it didn't get too brown). Add a few T of white wine and a T or so of lemon juice and cook for a few more minutes. You'll see everything start to get nice and saucy. Microwave some frozen peas and throw them in at the last minute so they stay nice and green. Serve on top of pasta and underneath some grated parm.



Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment