Friday, October 3, 2014

Pumpkin Cookies

Dear Turkey,

Full disclosure: these cookies are vegan (I was employing one of my strategies to make people like vegan food). But And they are also awesome.

I have some criteria for pumpkin cookies: they must use exactly one can of pumpkin, they must contain things that I always have in my house (hence, the vegan), they must be not-sweet enough that I can eat them for breakfast and not feel gross, and they must be chewy.

I adapted the recipe from vegan baking royalty.

Vegan, Chewy, Easy, Fast, Healthy-ish Pumpkin Cookies

Ingredients:

1 can pumpkin
4 c flour (I'm sure you could use half or all whole wheat -- I would use scant cups if I replaced all)
3 c oatmeal
2 t baking soda
1.5 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
2 c sugar 
1 1/3 c canola oil
4 T molasses
2 t vanilla
1 c mini chocolate chips

Directions:

Combine everything. For 24 cookies, bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins (but they will be as big as your head, so you might want to make more).



Enjoy,
Tofu 

1 comment: