Monday, March 9, 2015

Falafel Sandwiches

Dear Turkey,

Remember when I made falafel? Yeah, that was good. I didn't think I could improve upon that, and I'm not really much of a sandwich girl, but this falafel pita sandwich is one of the best sandwiches I've ever made.

I love how the pita gives everything a convenient container without adding way too much bread. It's also just a little sweet, which offsets everything inside nicely. And, if you are feeling lazy, you can always buy falafel mix (it really works!) or frozen falafel.

Falafel Sandwiches

Ingredients:
- 1 batch falafel, tahini sauce, and yogurt sauce. (For the falafel, I used a big can of chick peas and a regular can of small white beans (rinsed and drained). It worked fine, although I needed to add some bread crumbs to thicken up the batter. I also used chipotle chili powder with awesome results. For the yogurt sauce, I added some diced cucumber).
- Pita bread (I used Wegmans organic whole wheat)
- Feta cheese
- Spinach
- Tomato slices
- Cucumber slices


Instructions:
- Sandwich up and enjoy! Falafel batter can be stored in the fridge.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment