Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Smashed Pea and White Bean Tostada

Dear Turkey,

Have you noticed that
Anything with the name "smashed
Peas" is trendy now?


Smashed Pea and White Bean Tostada
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
- 1 15 oz can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- About the same amount of peas (I used frozen, microwaved them, and threw them into the same colander to drain)
- 2-3 T lemon juice (I used bottled), start with 2 T and then taste it and see if you want more
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 t basil (I used dried)
- 1 t cumin
- 4 taco-size tortillas (I used flour)
- 1 or 2 avocados, sliced
- paprika and grape tomatoes, for garnish

Instructions:
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a big bowl and mash with a fork or a masher. No need to bother with the food processor. It's okay if most of the peas don't get mashed (because they are "smashed").
- Divide the spread between 4 tortillas. I then toasted mine in the toaster oven until everything was warm and the tortilla just started to get crispy; I highly recommend this step.
- Top with avocado, sprinkle with paprika, and serve with tomatoes.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment