Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pesto Pizza

Dear Turkey,

This is a pizza
For those who don't like pizza
(And for those who do)


Pesto Pizza
(serves 3)

Ingredients:
- 1/2 recipe pizza dough (I mixed up the dough the night before and let it rise for 20 minutes in a warm oven. Then I left it in the fridge (in a ziplock bag or a tupperware) until about lunch time the next day. Then I took it out and let it stand at room temperature until I was ready to make dinner. This made for very workable dough.) You can also use a naan, a big tortilla (or two), or pizza dough from the store. 
- 1 c pesto from your freezer or the store
- 1 c cauliflower (I used frozen)
- 1 c butternut squash (I used frozen)
- 1 T balsamic glaze (I used this stuff) but you could cook down some balsamic vinegar or just use regular balsamic

Instructions:
- Stretch the pizza dough to your desired pizza size/thickness. I used a standard pizza stone and stretched the dough out to mostly cover it for a pretty thin crust. If yours is thicker, it will require more baking time. 
- Bake the pizza dough on a stone or cookie sheet at 425 F for about 10 mins.
- Remove from the oven and spread the pesto on the crust. Arrange the veggies on top (I microwaved mine for 2 minutes first because they were frozen but I probably could have skipped that). Drizzle with balsamic.
- Bake for another 10-15 mins.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment