Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Soft and Fluffy No Added Sugar Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dear Turkey,

I maybe say this
A lot, but these cookies don't
Need any sugar


Soft and Fluffy No Added Sugar Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes 12, adapted from here)

Ingredients:
- 2 very ripe bananas (I used, and highly recommend, 3 1/2 c containers of Gerber banana puree)
- 1 c flour (I used white and white whole wheat with success)
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/3 c milk (I used soy unsweetened)
- 1/2 c chocolate chips (I used Lilly's stevia-sweetened dark chocolate)
- optional: 1/2 t salt, vanilla, and/or cinnamon 

Instructions:
- Combine everything and add more flour or milk as needed -- my dough (batter, really) barely held together when I spooned it onto the baking stone and it worked beautifully.
- Cover a baking stone with parchment and spoon 12 dollops of dough on it.
- Bake at 350 F 10-18 minutes (mine took 15), or until the tops are starting to feel firm or just the slightest bit brown. If they're underbaked a little, that's fine, but cool them completely on the stone until you can remove them.
- These freeze well.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment