Friday, January 31, 2014

Formerly-Vegan Banana Muffins

Dear Turkey,

I think that these are my favorite muffins ever. You can tell how good they are by the picture below. One of the muffin papers is empty because I couldn't even wait to take one picture before I had to start eating them. Also, they are healthy, and they are vegan. Well, they would be vegan if I had vegan chocolate chips. This recipe is adapted from that old standby Laurel's Kitchen.


Ingredients (for 24 muffins):
4-6 very ripe bananas
Juice of 1 lemon
2/3 c canola oil
1 c brown sugar
3 c whole wheat flour
1 c ground flax seed (if you don't have that you can use oatmeal or wheat germ or whatever)
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
2 t vanilla
2 t cinnamon
1 c chocolate chips 

Directions:
Mash up the banana, lemon, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Then stir in everything else. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. 

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment