Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Cowboy Xavier

Dear Turkey,

I love Cowboy Caviar. So does my mom, but her iPhone text message auto-correct always changes it to "Cowboy Xavier." This is a recipe that we had at a party last weekend, and it's one of the best iterations of Cowboy Xavier that I've had. So, Cowboy Xavier, wherever you are, this is for you: 


Cowboy Caviar
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can whole kernel corn
  • 1/3 cup green onion
  • 1/3 cup cilantro
  • 2-3 chopped tomatoes
  • 2-3 avocados (depends on how much you like avocado)
Cowboy Caviar Dressing
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 clove fresh pressed garlic
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
Mix everything except the tomatoes and avocado earlier in the day or the day before to let dressing soak in and put avocado right before serving. Serve with corn chips.

While I have your attention, here is what I did last night with some potatoes that were practically compost-material and some shallots that were about to turn green and blue (if you've ever seen a moldy shallot you know what I mean):


Slice the potatoes and shallots. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and then generously oil it. Sprinkle the veggies with oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and season salt. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour or so:


These were so good, it made me wonder why anyone eats regular fries.

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment