Monday, March 10, 2014

One Pot Mexican Polenta

Dear Turkey,

This blog that I just discovered inspired me to make polenta and beans. I love beans, I love polenta, and it's healthy and way faster to make than rice. I even made it in one pot, cooking the beans first and then shoving them over to one side while I cooked the polenta. If you like your greens separate, you can then shove the polenta to one side and wilt/season the greens right after you turn the heat off:


For the beans: heat olive oil, garlic, jalepeno juice, and plenty of honey. Add the beans (undrained) and cook until they are dry enough for your taste (try not to stir too much so they get a delicious sugary crust on the bottom). 
For the polenta: heat some oil (I have come to terms with the fact that salt and fat are necessary for good polenta), add the cornmeal and water (usually it's four parts water to one part cornmeal), cook until thick enough for your taste (which could be runny or could be cut-able with a knife), stir in salt, pepper, lots of lemon juice, and greens if you want. 
Top with salsa, avocado, cheese, or a fried egg.

For dessert: 


Quaker oatmeal cookies with M&Ms AND chocolate chips instead of raisins.


I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment