Monday, February 11, 2013

Finding Nemo Soup

Dear Turkey,

I have called this post "Finding Nemo Soup" because we were supposed to get a big giant snowstorm called Nemo, but all we got was this:

which is what it looks like all the time

except usually you can't tell where the sun is
So, to celebrate, we watched one of my favorite movies. Just kidding. My husband has this thing about not watching movies over and over, and I have this thing about watching movies over and over, so that is something that I have to pursue in my copious amounts of alone time. Actually we did something even better: we got our leaky kitchen sink fixed.

To celebrate our un-dripping sink, and the liberation of the bowl that had been trapped underneath it since October, we made one of our favorite soups. Every time I eat this soup, I wonder why I ever want to eat anything that's full of fat, sugar, and salt, when fresh veggies are just that delicious.

then my mom brings this for dessert and I remember what it is about fat, salt, and sugar that is so tasty

[Attn: the eight people who actually read my blog: yes, I have all eight of my bowls back in circulation, and after you see this soup, you will probably want to run right over and have some. Reservations required. Dessert not included.]


Broccoli/Potato/Leek Soup:

Chop a few heads of broccoli, as many leeks as you can afford, five or six small-ish red potatoes, and an onion

In a big pot, sautee the onion in a little oil, salt, and pepper
Add the leeks and sautee a little more



Add 32oz veggie broth and the potatoes, cook until almost done
Add the broccoli and cook until just done
Puree
Top with pepper and lemon juice

delicious and detoxifying -- whatever that means

I moss you,
Tofu

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! LOVE soups like this, especially satisfying this time of year - so homey, warm and comforting. And I'll watch movies over and over with you. I'm a fan of predictability :) I've watch every episode of Downton Abbey twice this season, once when it is aired the first time and then again the following week just before the new episode.

    ReplyDelete