Monday, June 24, 2013

My Birthday

Dear Audience,

Yesterday was my birthday. Just like every other day, it was all about food. But, I didn't have to clean up.

For breakfast, I had the perfect food:


Just kidding, I actually had berries and yogurt, but I did have the perfect food for a snack. And, yes, Mom, I know that breastmilk is the perfect food. 

For lunch I had beans and rice cooked the way that I like them, with lots of honey, jalepeno juice, cumin, lemon, garlic, and oil. 


For dinner I had two cast-iron pizzas. My lovely assistants first cooked the dough for a couple of minutes in a very-well-salted-and-oiled cast-iron-pan. Then we put on the toppings: 


Above: roasted garlic tomato sauce, sundried tomatoes, chevre, caramelized shallots, and arugula and basil. Below: mozzarella, broiled leeks, the same sauce, the same greens. Actually, we put on everything but the cheese and greens and baked them for a few minutes at 425 degrees. Then we added the cheese and baked them for a few more minutes, finishing them under the broiler. Then we put the greens on top after removing them from the oven. 



My mom made gazpacho from the original Moosewood cookbook (thanks to the random provider of this link from 2008).


Dessert -- meringues that my mom made with chopped up strawberries and homemade whipped cream. 


And there was a special guest. You made have heard of him: TURKEY.

Happy Birthday to Me,
Tofu


1 comment:

  1. Those pizzas look so yummy, my mouth is literally watering. Swallow. Happy hsppy birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete