Monday, August 26, 2013

PCCB Muffins

Dear Turkey,

As you know, I make two kinds of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread (PCCB): "healthy" and "unhealthy." According to some of my relations, they are both unhealthy. According to me, they are both healthy.

School has started and it's time to send a little extra love (aka sugar and fat) to class and work in the backpacks of my constituents. So I made PCCB muffins (PCCBM...or is that what happens after you eat the muffins?). They are a hybrid of the "healthy" and "unhealthy" kind, and they are so fluffy (but not too chewy) and delicious that even self-proclaimed haters of the "healthy" kind could not resist them:


PCCB Muffins:

Combine:
3.5 c flour
1/4 c sesame seeds
2 T baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1 t salt
1 t vanilla
1 c sugar
1 c oil
1 c whole milk
2/3 c water
1 can pumpkin
1 bag mini chocolate chips

You can tell that I invented this recipe because the uniformity of the measurements leads to very little cup and spoon washing. Bake at 350 for 15-25 mins, depending on the size of the muffins, or until they pass the knife test (meaning that it comes out clean).


I made two batches so that they would last the whole week. At the time of this posting there are seven left. And I haven't had breakfast yet.

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment