Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hummus...and...Muffins!

Dear Turkey,

Here is another one of my world-famous money-saving tips:

Hummus (aka "ha" in baby-language) is expensive. If you make it yourself, you will save lots of money. Especially if nobody likes your version except you and it takes you many days to eat all of it.

So, I am trying to improve my hummus. Here are my suggestions to myself: more salt and more oil. In the meantime, you can enjoy this healthy version; don't be fooled by the fact that it looks like an ice-cream sundae:


Puree the following in the food processor: 1 big can chickpeas (drained and rinsed), 2/3 c tahini, 1/4 c lemon juice, 2 t minced garlic, 1 T salt, 1 t cumin, 2 T olive oil. For the sauce, stir some paprika into some olive oil. 


Since it looks like ice cream, you will be in the mood for some muffins for dessert: 


Fluffy lemon muffins that my mom hates:

Combine (for 24):
2.5 c flour
1.5 c sugar
5 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1.5 c plain nonfat yogurt
1 c water
1/2 c olive oil
2 T dried orange peel
4 T lemon juice

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.

I moss you,
Tofu


No comments:

Post a Comment