Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Anana?

Dear Turkey,

My baby says a few words, including "anana." But he always says it like a question: "anana?" The answer to this question had better be yes. 

However, he usually only eats about one inch of the anana, leaving the rest for me. So, yesterday, I added the rest of the anana to my list of things that I needed to use up: eggs, strawberries, buttermilk, Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain Cereal (confused?). I usually mash up ananas when I bake with them, but I decided to slice this one, and it was a nice change. 

Anana muffins:

In your big shiny metal bowl, combine:

1 c flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c oatmeal (I used up more of my Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain Cereal)
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t salt
3 t baking powder




Add:

3 T oil
1 egg
1 c buttermilk
Fruit of your choice



Do not overmix. This recipe makes 12 (I doubled it, of course). I find that muffin papers make my life easier here.


400 degrees, 20 mins later:




Enjoy with a homemade macchiato and save yourself $4 (or, rather, your mom, because you use her credit card when you go to Starbucks).

I moss you,
Tofu




No comments:

Post a Comment