Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Soymilk Advice Contest

Dear Readership,

Like my friends, you are a small, elite, community. In fact, if you're not related to me and you're reading this, you are probably one of my three friends (including Turkey). Turkey, just stop reading right now because this post is about coffee.

In fact, it's a coffee contest. I need some advice. If you give me the advice, you win...Turkey's Vitamix. He will ship it to you.

Here's my problem. I use this awesome soymilk:


The only ingredient: soybeans. Quality. However, it doesn't really work for layered iced coffee drinks. Everything just mixes together and turns into a latte.

I heard that Silk makes a "coffeehouse blend" but I can't find it online. I went to my favorite coffee shop with Little Veggie Nugget yesterday. They made an awesome layered iced coffee, and I think that they used Silk Organic Vanilla (they took it out of the fridge so fast, I could only see the green packaging). 

Hypothesis #1: Silk is better for coffee drinks because it has tons of yucky additives that make it heavier so that the coffee can float on top.

Hypothesis #2: Westsoy Original (as opposed to Unsweetened, which is what I use) might work almost as well as Silk, because the sugar makes it heavier.

Hypothesis #3: There is no such thing as Silk Coffeehouse Blend (but I swear I've seen it at Starbucks).

Okay, small elite readership, can you comment on my hypotheses? Otherwise I will have to buy tons of different types of soymilk and do another experiment.

Ciao,
Tofu
 

2 comments:

  1. Go back to your favorite coffee shop and asked to see what they use. If it's Silk, then you can rule that out. Bring Little Veggie Nugget with you as he is the cuteness factor in the request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Comment #1. However, with no additional information I'm leaning towards Hypothesis #1.

    ReplyDelete