Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Butternut Squash Risotto

Dear Turkey,

Last night, while my baby gnawed an "apple-y," I made something that wasn't muffins. 

Butternut Squash Risotto:

You know how to make risotto so I won't bore you with that part, but here's the basics:

1 onion sauteed in 2 T butter and some black pepper
Add 1 c arborio rice and cook it until you absolutely can't stand how dry it is
Add 1/3 c white cooking wine and 2 c mashed baked butternut squash
Risotto-ify with 5 c warm veggie broth
Stir in 1/3 c parm
If you think it needs something, try lemon juice or fresh sage


It's the kind of comfort food that you just keep eating out of the tupperware that you're trying to put into the fridge. It will probably be gone by the time I get home, along with the new batch of muffins with twice as much nutella.

I moss you, 
Tofu 

No comments:

Post a Comment