Saturday, August 25, 2012

You're In Canada Where They Don't Have Computers so I'm Blogging Out of Turn

Subtitle: I Actually Took my Own Picture for this Post!

Ta Da:
0823121846.jpg

SubSubtitle: How my Husband Gets me to Like Fish (how do you decide which words to capitalize in a title anyway?)

Dear Turkey,
These are poblano peppers and tiny graffiti eggplants hollowed out and stuffed with chopped up cod (the kind that's okay to buy -- is that Pacific?) and shrimp, mixed with a little sugar, salt, and an egg white. The shrimp came cooked and we salted and baked the cod beforehand. Then we baked the stuffed veggies in the oven at 425 in an oiled cast-iron pan until the veggies started to cook. We made a sauce of black bean paste, tamari, ginger, sugar, cilantro, and red pepper flakes, and thickened it with some cornstarch dissolved in water. We poured that on the stuffed veggies and baked the whole thing for a few more minutes. It was beautiful and delicious; I felt like I had really been at a Chinese restaurant. It's pretty salty and spicy so I recommend some rice and maybe a nice cucumber-rice vinegar salad on the side.
I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment