Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Criminal Pasta

Dear Turkey,

Here is my blog resolution for today: take pictures of the pasta BEFORE covering it with cheese:


Since you can't actually see what this looks like, I will just tell you that it's so good, it's criminal. That's why it's hiding. And now you will never see it again because it's all in my belly.

I've been trying to make a scampi-like pasta sauce for a while. Lessons learned so far: butter, garlic, lemon, wine, salt, more butter.

Today I used a secret ingredient (man is this stuff good -- but it also has like 20 ingredients, and I could make it myself for like 50 cents). I sauteed some minced garlic in the secret ingredient, added some splashes of lemon juice, red wine, and dried basil. I cut up some small tomatoes and cooked them in there just until they got a little soft.

Funny story: I was going to add white wine. I took the bottle out of my mom's fridge, and, thank goodness, I glanced at the label before splashing it into the pot: Mojito Mix. That was close.

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment