Monday, August 12, 2013

Zucchini Pie

Dear Turkey,

Isn't it so annoying when people keep throwing zucchini at you? No. 

But in case you think it is, here is another awesome recipe. We ate this at my aunt's house and we talked about it the whole way home. Which was two hours. 


Zucchini Pie:

3 c grated zucchini
1 onion diced
1 T parsley minced
1/2 c oil
1/2 c parm grated
1 c cheddar grated
4 eggs
1 c biscuit mix (I actually bought Wegmans' Buttermilk Biscuit Mix -- I am ashamed)

Mix it all up and grease two pie plates. Pour it in and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until it's super brown, if you're me. Then spend the rest of the day daydreaming about all the things you can make with the extra biscuit mix. 


I also had bananas and peanuts that needed to be used up (who knew that peanuts can go stale?). So I made my usual banana bread with peanuts, which was really more delicious than even I expected.

5 small, ripe bananas, mashed; 2 c whole wheat flour; 1 c peanuts, chopped up a little; 1/3 c canola oil; 1/2 c sugar; 1 t baking powder; 1 t baking soda; 1/2 t salt; 1/2 bag mini chocolate chips; bake at 350 degrees for an hour

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment