Monday, February 3, 2014

Squash Is Good

Dear Turkey,

Since it is the time of year that we celebrate commercials (especially food commercials), I am going to give you a commercial for squash:

I could eat a butternut squash every week. (I'm told that I say that about a lot of things, mostly involving beans and rice.) It makes me happy to buy one: it's cheap, it's healthy, and I can put it in so many things. I can make it into bread or muffins or cookies. I can chop it up in a can of Trader Joe's Chili with cheese on top. 


I had never had squash in Annie's Mac and Cheese until the other day. I topped it with Chipotle Tabasco sauce. It was so good. It made the pasta just sweet and creamy enough (not to mention healthier), and it was a good way to make one box of mac and cheese feed two hungry people. Trust me -- try it.

I moss you,
Tofu

1 comment: