Monday, February 10, 2014

How to Use Up Bananas and Chickpeas (In One Meal, Not One Dish)

Dear Turkey,

Chickpeas from a can can last a long time in a Tupperware in the fridge, but after a week or two I was getting antsy. So we sprinkled them with season salt and chipotle powder and baked them in the oven along with these samosas (from the freezer -- I didn't make them). You can bake them until they are just a little crispy but still soft and melt-y inside, which is what we did, or you can bake them until they are totally light and crispy, almost like popcorn (I've had this at a restaurant and it was really good, too). Just one more reason why chickpeas are cheap, healthy, and awesome. 


For dessert: these are my latest banana chocolate muffins. I think that they are tied with these muffins as my favorite muffins ever. I used the recipe in the link above, but I replaced the whole wheat flour and flax with 3 c of white flour (no wonder they were good), and I replaced the chocolate chips with a very scant 1/4 c of cocoa powder. I still had to get out the bag of chocolate chips though, because my smallest constituent thinks that "baking" means "sitting in the high chair eating chocolate chips and watching Mama work" (I am ashamed [not]).   


I moss you,
Tofu 

No comments:

Post a Comment