Monday, June 13, 2016

Unhealthy-Tasting Lentil Bowl

Dear Turkey,

This tastes like it has
Cream in it, but actually
It is good for you


Unhealthy-Tasting Lentil Bowl
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
- 1/2 lb dry lentils (I used red)
- 2 c water
- 1/2 t salt
- 12 oz brussels sprouts (I used frozen)
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t curry powder (I used red)
- 1 c yogurt (I used full-fat plain)
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomoatoes
- 1/2 c raisins
- 3 T honey
- a few handfuls of greens (I used arugula), frozen is fine

Instructions:
- Combine the lentils, water, and salt in a big pot and cook, covered, until the lentils are al dente, about 5-10 minutes. You may want to stir it a couple of times.
- Stir in the brussels sprouts, spices, tomatoes, raisins, yogurt, and honey and heat through. If it's too liquid-y, cook it down for a few minutes.
- Throw in the greens and stir until they are wilted. 

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment