Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Olive Oil and Grape Cake

Dear Turkey,

I'm not tired of
Olive oil cakes, and you
Will agree with me


Olive Oil and Grape Cake
(adapted from here)

Ingredients:
- 1/2 c olive oil (the good stuff, even if it's green and pungent)
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 c almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 c cornmeal
- 1.5 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1/3 c whole milk
- 2 t lemon peel (I used dried)
- 2 c seedless grapes (I used red)

Instructions:
- Oil a pie tin with olive oil like it's your job.
- Stir together the dry ingredients (including sugar) and gently whisk in the wet ingredients, just until combined and most of the lumps are gone. 
- Pour the batter into the pie tin and sprinkle half of the grapes on top. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes and then sprinkle the rest of the grapes on top. Bake until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. This took me about 35 more minutes, but start checking after 20 minutes. It's okay if the outside of the cake is starting to get pretty brown and cracked. It will taste awesome. Cool completely and serve.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment