I made one before
But this one is easier
And maybe better
(adapted from smitten kitchen)
- 1/2 c flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c sugar
- pinch salt
- 1.5 c milk, cream, or a combo (I used a half-pint of cream and the rest whole milk)
- 3 small pears, unpeeled, sliced thin (or whatever fruit you want)
- Generously butter and flour a pie tin or a cast iron pan.
- Beat the eggs until foamy, beat in flour, then sugar and salt, then cream and milk. Throw in some vanilla or liquor of your choice if you want. I did this by hand and the whole thing took less than 5 minutes (in other words, don't go nuts).
- Arrange the pears on the bottom of the pie tin. Pour the batter over the top. Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean (mine took longer). Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately or within a few hours.