Why are they Harry
Potter muffins? Because a
Kid invented them
Harry Potter Muffins
- 2 c whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 1 c white flour
- 1 c sugar (I have also used only 1/2 c, with less kid-success)
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 T vanilla
- 1/4 c flax or chia seeds (I used whole ground flaxseed)
- 1/2 c canola oil
- 2 c milk (I used soy unsweetened)
- 1 c chocolate chips
- cocoa (I used Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate) and cinnamon, for sprinkling
- If you aren't using silpat, generously oil 2 muffin tins, or use muffin papers.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and mix/stir just until combined (I threw everything in the KitchenAid). Stir/mix in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and sprinkle generously with cocoa and cinnamon (or bake them un-garnished for about 10 minutes and then sprinkle with sugar and finish baking).
- Bake at 350 F for 15-22 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and just barely starting to brown.
- These freeze well.