Tuesday, September 17, 2013

One Pot Couscous Risotto Spinach Gratin Casserole

Dear Turkey,

This book I'm reading makes me think that long, wordy titles are not only okay, they will make a bestseller. For this dish (and it's not muffins, I promise), it takes almost as long to read the title as it does to make it. I invented it on my run yesterday and made it in my PJs after bath time. My PJs smell good now.

Ingredients:


Sautee the shallots (if they're growing, it's okay, as you can see), the garlic, and one tablespoon of dried oregano in a few tablespoons of olive oil and a few teaspoons of salt and pepper:


Then add two cups of water, one cup of couscous, and the can of tomatoes, undrained. Keep cooking it until most of the liquid is absorbed. Put a few inches of that in a greased baking dish (you will have extra couscous for later in the week). In the same pot, add some more oil and salt and pepper. Heat it up and add the can of beans (drained and rinsed), one cup frozen spinach, 1/4 c lime juice, and 1/4 cup basil. Sautee until the spinach is thawed:


Pour that on top of the couscous and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Then cheese. Then more bread crumbs (because you couldn't decide which should go on top):


Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 15 or 20 minutes, until it looks like this:


Your constituents will be happy, and your house will smell as good as your PJs. Dessert: muffins.

I moss you,
Tofu




1 comment:

  1. Yum!! I think I could even make that on my modified bedrest :)

    ReplyDelete