Monday, September 2, 2013

Pretzel Bread

Dear Turkey,

Do you ever get tired of reading about bread? Probably about as tired as I get of baking and eating it.


This was going to be pretzels but it was getting late so I made it into a pretzel bread (adapted from The Bread Bible):

In a bowl, combine the following and knead for five minutes:

2/3 c sourdough starter (optional)
Scant 3 c flour
Scant 1/3 c whole wheat flour
1 T yeast
1 T barley malt
1 T salt
1 c water plus an extra T or so (I would call it a heaping cup but that's tricky)

Let it rise, covered, as for long as you wish (but at least an hour probably, and if it's overnight, put it in the fridge). Make into a ball and let it rise again if you want. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 475 degrees for 5 minutes and 450 for 25 minutes. 

While you're eating it, check out this cool book that I just started reading.

I moss you,
Tofu




No comments:

Post a Comment