Friday, September 27, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones

Dear Turkey,

Since I ran out of muffin papers this week (surprise), I decided to make scones. They are inspired by this cool blog. I redacted the eggs so that I could eat the batter, and I also doubled the recipe because I hate using less than one can of pumpkin. I replaced the white whole wheat flour with regular whole wheat flour because that is more hardcore.

Yes, Mom, I used a cookie sheet WITH EDGES so that I didn't spill butter all over my oven like I do when I use your oven. However, I think that I chopped the butter up small enough (and there wasn't enough of it), and it didn't leak out of the scones at all.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones:

Step 1:

First of all, use a bigger bowl than this one. Here is what you put in it: 2 sticks butter (a little warmer than fridge temp), 5.5 c whole wheat flour, 2/3 c sugar, 2 T baking powder, 1.5 t salt, 1.5 t cinnamon, 1/2 t ginger, 1/2 t nutmeg, 1/2 t allspice, 1 can pumpkin, 1 c chocolate chips. Chop everything with the tuna chopper until the dough comes together (it will be crumbly) and make into 18 balls. Place on a parchment-covered COOKIE SHEET (not a baking stone unless you like to live dangerously).

Step 2:

425 degrees, 20 minutes. 

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment