Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Spigotti

Dear Lt. Veggie Nugget,

Remember when you were little and you called biscotti "spigotti?" Well, you probably don't remember, and you definitely don't remember when I used to call cats "odden-oddens" (yeah, it's weird, and, no, I don't know why). Here is some new baby vocab from my life:

Helicopter: "ha-coo-kai"
Guacamole: "guac-coo-kai"
Cock-a-doodle-doo: "cock-coo-kai"

Speaking of "spigotti," I finally decided to make something besides muffins. Biscotti are really not that hard -- to make or to bite into, at least mine, because I can't stand the ones that practically break your teeth. These are a variation on my usual recipe (click the link for informative pictures). For this version, I shortened the second baking time even more, to ten minutes, so that the outsides were crunchy-but-not-too-crunchy and the insides were basically like a cookie: 


Perfect for a morning like this:


Odden-odden,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment