Saturday, December 28, 2013

What Do Vegetarians Eat On Christmas?

Dear Turkey,

In order to keep my mom young, my family members and I like to add lots of weird dietary restrictions to her holiday planning. As usual, she (and her magazines) did not disappoint:

This recipe from The Washington Post (I guess it's famous). I used soy milk instead of real milk, veggie broth instead of chicken broth, and added a few T of maple syrup. (Vegan version obviously not pictured here; this is the one I ate.)
A little something from one of my mom's favorite magazines (we didn't make the salad on the recipe, but I want to).
Salad, of course.
More pumpkin stuff. We just held the butter (and the creamy garnish) for the vegans. 
Same plate, different day, different salad.
Mazel Tov,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment