Sunday, December 22, 2013

I Finally Made Decent Hummus

Dear Lt. Veggie Nugget,

I think that you will agree that it was worth it to watch my baby while I "made hummus" yesterday, and then again while I actually made hummus. Below you will see the hummus constituents:


The tahini was absent on the day that this photo was taken. Actually, I forgot about it until I tasted the hummus for the first time. The secret? I did not drain the chickpeas. Next time, I will drain a little liquid out of one can, and save it to add later if necessary. I used about 1 T of garlic, 2 T of cumin, 1 T paprika, 1 t pepper, 1 t salt (also absent from photo), 1 T of olive oil, many T of lemon juice, and 3-4 heaping T of tahini. 


I blended it up, and, finally, a hummus that wasn't too thick. Lifetime quest.

Despite what I might have said before, I don't really like crumbleexcept for this kind. But I do like this pear tart. I just made a pie crust (3 c flour, 1/3 c water, 1 egg, 1 t salt, 1 t cider vinegar, 1.5 c Crisco -- that makes three crusts) and sliced the pears on top. I drizzled/plopped maple syrup and orange marmalade on that, and then baked it at 425 for about 15 mins.




Enjoy your nap,
Tofu


No comments:

Post a Comment