Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hello, Lunch: Gnocchi

Dear Turkey,

I love gnocchi. Even the kind that comes vacuum-packed in the pasta aisle that is so not-fresh, you don't even have to refrigerate it. Usually, I use garlic and onions in pasta. This time I didn't use either and it was nice, for a change. 

Me: I love gnocchi so much, I could eat it for breakfast with butter and salt. [This coming from someone who can't eat savory food for breakfast -- pizza? no way.]

Honey: You're nuts.

                                            

I cooked the gnocchi and tossed it with oil, salt, pepper, lots of lemon juice, some little orange tomatoes that I halved, and shredded cheese. That's it. The lemon made the sauce really creamy and tangy. Make sure that you add lots of oil and salt to the pasta water, too. It makes it taste better, and it makes the pot much easier to wash.

Bonus Material:

I don't usually spray the oven when I bake bread, but I was peer-pressured, and it really makes a nice crust if you're too lazy to get out the dutch oven.
My favorite coffee shop. Yes, both of those are for me, thanks. 
 I moss you,
Tofu


1 comment:

  1. Can't eat pizza for breakfast!? I think I need to reassess this blog.

    ReplyDelete