Thursday, June 12, 2014

Caprese with Beans

Dear Turkey,

The other day my mom asked me to make caprese. But she didn't have any basil. And then she left the room. Left to my own devices, I was overcome with the desire to put beans in it:


It's tomatoes, mozzarella, black beans (drained and rinsed), cilantro, Italian parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oil, and balsamic. It was really good, and, unlike many salads (if you ask me), it's even good left over. Still left to my own devices, I was overcome by the urge to cancel out all that fresh, healthy goodness with some fresh, healthy shortbread: 


In case you were wondering, this is what the M&Ms looked like post-baking (open like little clams but still perfect, just waiting to be eaten). 

I am ashamed,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment