Saturday, June 28, 2014

My Bday Cake

Dear Turkey,

As you know, my mom ALWAYS makes me a birthday cake with mint chip ice cream, hot fudge, and oreo crust (1 part oreo : 1.5 parts butter) [add your own cherries]. Most people do not appreciate this ice cream cake, not even my mom, who found out that she was pregnant with my sister because making it made her puke when I was 8. It still makes her want to puke...and I still force her to make it for me...ah, motherhood...

Well, my mom cleverly went on vacation during my birthday this year (ah...motherhood...), so, instead of making me a cake, she ordered this awesome-ly retro one:


It even came from this really old-school ice cream place that was a trolley car once (or something). It's by the beach and the ice cream probably has sand in it, but I couldn't tell. (I'm sure you don't want me to tell you about the night I couldn't get sand out of my retainer.)

Enough about my birthday, and my vacation, and me -- wait, this is my blog,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment