Friday, May 8, 2015

Brown Sugar Muffins

Dear Turkey,

One of my loyal readers (no, not you; I mean one of the ones who actually reads this blog) asked how last week's muffins would be with brown sugar. Maybe she thinks that brown sugar is healthier than white sugar? Maybe she was out of white sugar? I don't know. But I did an experiment and they are delicious.

I also used olive oil because I am out of canola oil I love baking with olive oil (true story). These muffins are chewy, nutty, dark-brown-sugar-y and just awesome. They are different enough than most people's usual muffins that they are worth adding to your repertoire.

Brown Sugar (and Olive Oil) Muffins
(makes 24)

Ingredients:
- 1 c yogurt (I used whole milk plain yogurt)
- 1.5 c milk of your choice (I used soy vanilla with excellent results)
- 3/4 c brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 t vanilla
- 3/4 c olive oil
- 3 c white flour
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1.5 t baking powder
- 1 c mini chocolate chips

Instructions:
- Mix everything until just combined.
- Spoon into 24 muffin cups lined with muffin papers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment