Monday, May 4, 2015

Simple and Delicious Chocolate Chip Muffins

Dear Turkey,

You know that I am all about healthy vegan muffins. But sometimes I want a muffin that tastes like what my mom used to make (or what I can buy at the coffee shop for $4 and has 500 calories). I love this recipe because it's so simple, you can really concentrate on the chocolate chips. It doesn't even have salt.

This muffin is moist, and you can pull the top off and pretend it's a cupcake or cookie or something. It's also a good way to use up random milk/yogurt/eggs in your fridge (I still used my favorite template). I added some whole wheat flour for character-building with delicious results.

Simple and Delicious Chocolate Chip Muffins 
(makes 24)

Ingredients:
- 2 c yogurt + milk of your choice (I used 1.5 c whole milk + 1/2 c whole milk plain yogurt)
- 1 egg (optional, you could replace with more milk/yogurt or canola oil)
- 1 c sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 scant cup canola oil
- 3 c white flour
- 1 c whole wheat flour 
- 1.5 t baking powder
- 1 c mini chocolate chips

Instructions:
- Mix everything until just combined.
- Spoon into 24 muffin cups lined with muffin papers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes.

Enjoy,
Tofu






No comments:

Post a Comment