Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Banana Pumpkin Bread

Dear Turkey,

I made banana
bread and pumpkin bread all the
time. And then I mixed.


Banana Pumpkin Bread
(makes 2 loaves)

Ingredients:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 can pumpkin
- 2/3 c canola oil
- 4 T flax or chia seed, whole or ground
- 1 scant c sugar
- 4 c whole wheat flour
- 2 t baking soda
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 bag mini chocolate chips
- a generous splash of milk (I used soy unsweetened) 

Instructions:
- Mash the first 5 ingredients. Stir in the the next 5 ingredients and add milk until the batter is somewhat easier to mix (I say somewhat: it shouldn't be a dough, but it will be a stiff batter) -- this took me almost a full cup of milk.
- Oil 2 loaf pans and divide the batter between them. Bake at 350 F for 45-60 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment