I wanted to see
If I could make this as well
Amazing Chocolate Sorbet
(adapted from King Arthur Flour)
- 1 c sugar
- 2/3 c cocoa
- generous pinch salt
- 1/2 c chocolate chips (I used semisweet but bittersweet would be good too)
- 2 1/4 c water (I don't see why you couldn't use coconut milk here if you wanted it more creamy, but water works just fine)
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 T alcohol of your choice (makes it more scoop-able, but you can skip it if you want), I used Godiva Liqueur
- Combine everything except the vanilla and alcohol in a pot or a microwave-safe bowl and heat to a boil, stirring often, until the chocolate chips are melted (I did this on the stovetop but I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it in the microwave). Conversely, leave some chocolate bits in there, or grate in some chocolate after your mixture cools a little.
- Stir in the alcohols (if you want the actual alcohol to cook off, add them while the mixture is still hot).
- Chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Freeze in your ice-cream maker. It will still be pretty soft. While it's churning, put the container you're going to store it in in the freezer. Freeze in the container for a few hours before serving. Remove from the freezer a couple of minutes before serving (if you used the full amount of alcohols, this probably won't be necessary).