Monday, June 10, 2019

No Added Sugar Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Dear Turkey,

It's my banana
Bread, a little healthier,
And satisfying


No Added Sugar Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
(makes 12)

Ingredients:
- 2 bananas, mashed (I used 2 [4 oz each] containers of Gerber banana puree)
- 1/3 c unsweetened applesauce (I used one 4 oz container)
- 2 T flax or chia seeds, whole or ground (I used ground flax)
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 t nutmeg
- 1 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- 2 t baking soda
- 1 c unsweetened or stevia-sweetened chocolate or carob chips
- 1/4 c milk of your choice (I used soy unsweetened)
- 2 c flour (I used oat, but white whole wheat would work fine, too)

Instructions:
- Stir everything together in a big bowl until just combined.
- Divide into 12 muffin cups, using muffin liners or greasing the pan as needed.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes. Cool completely before removing. 
- These freeze well.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment