Easy to mix up
And nobody will ever
Guess these are vegan
Simple and Vegan Classic Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes 24 smallish cookies, adapted from here)
- 2 c white or oat flour (I used white)
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2/3 c chocolate chips
- 1/4 c milk (I used unsweetened cashew), plus more as needed
- 1/4 c canola oil
- 1 t vanilla
- Mix everything together until a ball forms, slowly drizzling in more milk as needed.
- Cover 2 baking stones with parchment paper and make 12 balls of dough with your hands on each stone, and gently flatten them. Bake at 325 F for 12-20 minutes, depending on how soft you like them.
- Leave them on the stones to firm up for a few minutes after you take them out, so feel free to take them out after 12 minutes (even if they look super underdone) if you want a ridiculously soft cookie.
- Carefully remove and store at room temp, in the fridge, or the freezer.