Sunday, May 25, 2014

How to Use Up Milk

Dear Turkey,

There are tons of ways to use up milk that's almost expired. I usually bake something, or make creamy pasta sauce or soup or yogurt, but I wanted to do something different, so I made pudding. I was too lazy to use the official family recipe, but I wasn't about to make instant either (I do have a reputation here).

This is almost as easy as instant. In a pot, combine:
2 c milk
1/2 c sugar
3 T cornstarch
1/2 t salt
1 T vanilla
2 T butter
1/2 c chocolate chips (I used bittersweet)
Any spices you want (I used cinnamon and cardamom)
Just cook it, stirring frequently, for 5 or 10 minutes. Don't let it boil. When it starts to set up, pour it into dishes and chill it for a few seconds hours.


Well, something is obviously up with this picture. And you can see my PJs at the bottom. Quality. When I am a rich and famous blogger I will crop all that weirdness out. But right now I'm a working mom, so it stays.

Enjoy,
Tofu



No comments:

Post a Comment