Friday, May 23, 2014

It's About Time...For Another Guest Post! (I was starting to think I had no friends)

Baked oatmeal

Dear Tofu,

I'm a big fan of oatmeal. I usually make it on the stovetop, but it's kind of a pain to start from scratch every day. (Our mornings are a little hectic around here.) Baked oatmeal is awesome because you can make enough for a few days all at once, and the texture is more delicious than regular oatmeal. 

First, mix these ingredients:
2 C old fashioned oats
Chopped walnuts (a handful or so)
1/4 t baking soda
Pinch salt
Maple syrup (anywhere from a drizzle to a quarter cup, depending on how sweet you want it)
2 T melted butter 
Cinnamon to taste
1/2 t vanilla extract

In a separate bowl, beat an egg and mix in 1 1/2 C milk or milk substitute (I used Wegmans almond milk). Pour the milk mixture into the oat mixture and transfer to a baking dish. 

Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!

Side note: Not that I need to tell YOU this, but adding chocolate chips would make this even tastier. 

Come visit soon,
Daisie


No comments:

Post a Comment