Monday, July 30, 2012

Pot Pie Extravaganza

Dear Turkey,
Thank you for sharing your weekend adventures. Here are mine (at least the culinary ones). On Saturday, we made two batches of blueberry jam and watched the Olympics while I served these flatbreads.
 flatbreads with thyme, honey and sea salt
(Photo: smittenkitchen.com)
Her toppings are great, and I also always make two other kinds: red onion/balsamic and parm/tomato jam (this tomato jam is amazing; we tweaked the recipe a little, and we can it in jars so it lasts all year). Then we went on our first postpartum date and I had amazing sea salt ice cream which really renewed my faith in Gannon's.
Yesterday I went to the New Woodstock Corn Roast. New Woodstock is a beautiful little village in our hood. Since I know you are wondering, I will tell you that a corn roast is like a chicken BBQ but with corn. I've always felt kind of left out from things like that, since they are not vegetarian. Good thing I had just run ten miles, because the corn was free, unlimited, and served with communal salt shakers and sticks of butter for rolling.
Last night we made pot pies from Gourmet. Of course we did not include the clams or bacon. We made them in individual ramekins and I did a lattice crust over the top of each one. We had extra crust and I made a peach one for dessert. They were so delicious and it was fun to have my own pot pie all to myself; however, they are probably healthy enough to make once a year.
I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment