Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Don't Kiss Me




Dear Turkey,

I would like to take a minute to pay tribute to something that we haven't talked about much: garlic. This is an accidental tribute, because I didn't mean to eat two cloves of raw garlic last night (more on that in a minute). Now I will have to be careful all day at work, and make sure I don't get too close to anybody, or let them smell my sweat. Or my farts.

That said, garlic is delicious. And so is Listerine. 

Last night my husband made some of our old weeknight standbys. It was the end of a great day, since we both had the day off in order to be home to get our brand new propane generator installed (a dream come true for me...may that tell you something about my dreams; my other dream is to become a rich and famous blogger, but enough about me). 

First he made some parmesan couscous. Yes, from a box. Yes, I believe it has autolyzed yeast extract (aka MSG?), and it doesn't taste much like that famous cheese from Parma (and I can speak from experience, thanks for my former life as a world traveler), but it is delicious, and it hits the spot when you're in the mood for something like mac & cheese but not exactly mac & cheese. He put some spinach in at the last minute so it wasn't overcooked.

He also steamed some broccoli, which he served with garlic, lemon, and olive oil. Except all the garlic somehow migrated to the bottom of the pot. And he took his out first. Which is why you don't want to kiss me. For dessert we had two pomegranates that I dutifully peeled while he entertained the baby. 


I hope you like our "holiday" place mats

is this why my baby's poop was green this morning?

'tis the season for running in the snow and dark

Good thing you're not around so you won't be tempted to kiss me.

I moss you,
Tofu


No comments:

Post a Comment