Friday, November 2, 2012

It's Not Too Late...to come to my house for Thanksgiving...just sayin'

Dear Turkey,

Since I have an 861 square foot house, I don't like stuff (as you know -- and neither do you). I hate knickknacks; I am a scrooge about holiday decorations (just ask my husband). When we got married, I was grumpy when people got us things that weren't on our registry. That's how I felt about the panini maker. Well, I was wrong. (I'm starting to feel like I've told this story before.) 

Here is a delicious panini that my husband invented:
- Homemade bread (by yours truly)
- Fresh mozz. (this time it was from the store, but my husband makes it if I'm lucky)
- Baby spinachi (that means spinach; did I mention that I studied abroad in Italy?)
- Grey Poupon
- Garlic greens pesto that I made this spring and froze
- Portobello mushrooms sliced thin and cooked in a little oil, tamari, and lime juice until they surrender their juices
- Panini-ify and serve with cider and a jar of pickles from 2010 that you found in the back of your pantry when you were putting away the bottled water that you got in case of a hurricane (and you didn't live in your house in 2010, and you pride yourself on being organized...hm)

umami mushroom sensation
melty and delicious
bonus pickles from 2010...still sealed!...of course



One more thing. As a fake-vegetarian, I resent it when people are like, "oh, you're a vegetarian? I'll just put a giant portobello mushroom between two slices of bread and serve it to you." No, thanks, people: you have to DO something to it. marinate it, chop it, cook it, something!

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment