Saturday, November 24, 2012

Turkey and Tofurkey United for Thanksgiving! (How Appropriate)


Dear Blog Audience,

It is my pleasure to present to you

A TurkeyandTofurkey joint production
With The Snarky Anonymous Commenter contributing
Also brought to you by 
My sister
and
Breastmilk (of course):

Xmas Cookie Extravaganza!!!!

Yes, I, Tofu, walked into my parents' house for Thanksgiving dinner and, to my great surprise, I found none other than Turkey (along with the Anonymous Commenter) sitting on their couch. So, Turkey and I were reunited for Thanksgiving, Fake Thanksgiving (that's another story; also called F'Thanksgiving), and The Day After F'Thanksgiving, when you make Xmas cookies and (this is the only day of the year that this is allowed) watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and A Charlie Brown Christmas on the same day! Just like the good old days.

In my family, Xmas cookies are a religion, and, when my mom gets back from Wegmans, she's probably going to tell us what we did wrong with these, and then make a respectable batch right away. 


you start with the Official Family Secret Recipe (no longer a secret)

roll them out

bake at 375 degrees for about ten mins

make some frosting - I just use butter, confectioner's sugar, vanilla, half and half, and food coloring

let them cool

frost

and enjoy with your Turkey (the person, not the bird)
Happy Thanksgiving (etc.),
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment