Monday, November 12, 2012

Log Cabin Miso

Dear Turkey,

I know, I know, you know all about miso. I do not presume to argue with your authentic expertise. But I still want to tell you about Log Cabin Miso. It's kind of like Log Cabin Republicans, except not. But it does come from a log cabin, and it will cure what ails you, especially after a long run.  


where you enjoyed this

and this

We at the log cabin have decided that it's worth paying a little extra for good miso. We like all different kinds, although I am partial to barley and white miso-s. My husband is very good at putting everything in the pot in the right order so that nothing is overcooked. Last night he heated the water to almost boiling (don't boil miso! it's alive and you don't want to kill that which will cure what ails you!), and then added a can of straw mushrooms (peeled, please), and then some tofu, spinach, and green onions. He wilted the spinach just a little and then turned off the heat and added the miso.

it tastes better with those white spoons that we call "miso spoons" in our house; we have "miso bowls," too 

when we want just a little bit of something we say "I'll just have a miso," meaning, "put in one of those cute bowls"

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment