Thursday, January 10, 2013

I Ate All the Pretzels

Dear Turkey,

I hope you liked my book review yesterday; I can guarantee that you didn't like it as much as I did...because I already ate seven of the pretzels (I'm saving the last one for dessert tonight; it's hard, but somebody's got to do it). So that means that in 24 hours, I've eaten one stick of butter and 1/3 cup of heavy cream -- and that's just dessert! (Thank you, breastfeeding!)

Since I'm ashamed (not), I decided to post my healthy lunch. You probably know that I love polenta: it is the epitome of cheap/easy/healthy/fast. Today I heated some olive oil in a pan and then added 1/4c cornmeal, 1c  water, lots of salt and pepper (polenta secret that I think I've already divulged), lots of lemon juice, and about 1c frozen spinach. After it started to come together I poached an egg (the best kind...human...just kidding...the kind that comes from chickens that have names) in the middle.

next time, however, I am going to use a nonstick pan

I served it steaming hot (see?), with green tabasco sauce






This is the kind of thing that I can make in five minutes before my baby eats too many wipes from the container (just kidding, honey, he only ate one*). 

I moss you,
Tofu

* JUST KIDDING, HONEY!...geez...what do you think this is?

1 comment:

  1. Happy Hens Pippa, Lily, Juliet, Samantha, and Princess Blossom Pepperdoodle Vom Yum Yum are thrilled to have been mentioned (collectively as the chickens that have names) on your blog and want to say, "you're welcome." Sounds awesome, btw!!

    ReplyDelete